Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Meet the Archival Ambassadors!

Elizabeth Ambrose

"My name is Elizabeth Ambrose. I just finished my sophomore year at Kutztown University. I am working to get my Bachelors in history and secondary education. I am also volunteering at Fosterfields Living Historical Farm in Morristown this summer."



Andrea Mehler

"My name is Andrea Mehler and I am currently attending Drew University for my Masters degree in History and Culture. Having graduated from The College of New Jersey with a Bachelors in history and a minor in anthropology, I am particularly interested in cultural history and the preservation and use of historical documents and artifacts and how everyday people lived their lives. I am also interested in public history and museums and the way knowledge is disseminated to the general public. Through this program, I hope to develop my archiving, exhibit planning, and teaching skills in order to aide me in my career search. I look forward to working with everyone involved with the Archival Ambassadors program, especially the students!"

Lacey Sparks

"My name is Lacey Sparks and I'm currently pursuing my masters degree in women's and gender history at Rutgers University-Newark. I received my bachelors in history and French at Murray State University, a rural school in Kentucky, my home state. I'm interested in women's and gender history, feminist theory, critical race theory, and queer theory, especially within the context of imperial/ colonial history. Cultural history, or the history of everyday life, is of particular importance to me since I like to study groups who were previously left out of the historical record and don't leave many written documents behind. When I grow up I'd like to be a history professor. This program is an excellent fit for me because it combines historical research and teaching, the skills I'll use the most in my career in academia."

Peter Mabli

"My name is Peter Mabli and I am a third year graduate student at Drew University. I currently am working on my Ph.D. in early American intellectual history, specifically the development of universities in the early American republic and their impact on the young nation’s culture and politics. I graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University with a Bachelors degree in history and a Masters degree in secondary education. In the past I have worked as both a high school history teacher and an adjunct professor. I hope to instill my excitement and passion for history with all the students in the Archival Ambassadors Program, and I look forward to working with everyone!"

Lauren Talley

"My name is Lauren Talley and I am a second year graduate student in the Masters History Program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. I received a Honors Baccalaureate degree in History for my undergraduate thesis on Vestal Virgins from the same university. My concentration is in public history but I am also greatly interested in European history. Experience has taught me that the way people perceive the past shapes the future and I feel that it is necessary for me to help people learn how to properly analyze and interpret history. The Archival Ambassadors program will help me learn how to guide and teach others as well as show me new and relatively untouched documents that make me interested in a part of history that I had previously not been interested in."

Learn more HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...